YWP for 3rd Quarter: due Fri, March 26 by 11pm

Post the title of your piece here. Also, name and paste the full prompt (or Challenge) you responded to, and paste a link to your piece on the YWP website. For options, see https://youngwritersproject.org/challenges20.

Comments

  1. TITLE: Spring

    PROMPT/CHALLANGE: General. Write about anything in any genre!

    LINK to YWP SITE: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/39700

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two preferences when it comes to literature. My favorite genre is poetry, and my favorite subject of poetry is nature. Madi, your YWP Spring falls under both of those categories, and that is why I chose, and enjoyed it. Overall the piece was written very elegantly and your word choice was refreshingly simple but descriptive. Sometimes I struggle with trying to make my poetry sound more complicated by choosing complicated words, but sometimes simplicity is more elegant. You give a very vivid description of the coming of spring. A transition from winter I have lived through many times, and have loved every time.

      Delete
  2. Title: Silence
    Prompt/Challenge: General/Free-Write (156)

    Link: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/39695

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Porter, I found your YWP poem titled, “Silence” very creative. I liked the style you chose, and thought that it was very organized. For example, although each stanza started with the same word, it felt to me that each stanza told a different short story. This kept me interested and engaged, and I found myself wanting to continue to read to see what was to come next. My interpretation of your work may not be relatively close to what you intended when you wrote, but I think that’s what makes your poem so unique. I also liked how every other line rhymes. I have always been fond of rhyming poems and feel that they add an extra creative element to the poem, aside from sounding very satisfying!


      Delete
  3. TITLE: Life Remote

    PROMPT/CHALLENGE: clicker

    LINK to YWP SITE: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/39715

    ReplyDelete
  4. TITLE: Rain Like Tears

    PROMPT/CHALLENGE: Weather. Weather as a topic of small talk or awkward conversation is a well-known cliché. Incorporate weather into the dialogue of two or more characters in a way that signifies it as the supremely serious subject driving the interaction. Alternatively, write a poem about weather in a grave or reverent tone.


    LINK to YWP SITE: https://youngwritersproject.org/node/39711

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog