2. The process and the product. Often when I look back on a project I find that I am unsatisfied with the process. Sometimes I rushed myself on some sections or not give myself enough time to do research, not read it over verbally, not peer review it, or a myriad of other habits/bad techniques. But then I will look at what that bad process made, and I will be slightly stunned. Somehow it seems like the product is superior to my process by leaps and bounds. As I write this I recognize why. I, as, a student have learned how to make compromises and adapt. For some assignments (especially the ones that seem far in the future) I procrastinate. I am sure teaches and parents have heard that from students hundreds of times, but what I want to talk about and think is amazing is that when I give myself too little time to complete something, I can still pull it off by shaping my initial plan of the project into what is feasible. That is the case for this slideshow. I would have liked to put an excess of maybe 6 hours into the project (spreading it out of course), but when I gave myself four hours the few days before it is due, it still comes out as I project I am proud of. This might be sadly because I have come away from my rush projects with a compromise of my standards, or more optimistically it could be adaptations that let me work quickly and with a soon-approaching deadline. Either way, I am not proud of the process, but as I am about to give my presentation I am proud of the product.
Name the title and setting of the lecture. Describe the experience and what it was like for you. What did it make you think about? (minimum 250 words) (Skip a line between paragraphs.)
A draft of the interview is due Mon, May 2 and final draft is due Wed, May 4. A blog post naming the author and briefly reflecting on the product and process is due two days after you submit your final draft. Blog post minimum 150 words; skip a line between paragraphs. Author Interview Assignment Sheet
1. Erik Arthur Blair
ReplyDelete2. The process and the product. Often when I look back on a project I find that I am unsatisfied with the process. Sometimes I rushed myself on some sections or not give myself enough time to do research, not read it over verbally, not peer review it, or a myriad of other habits/bad techniques. But then I will look at what that bad process made, and I will be slightly stunned. Somehow it seems like the product is superior to my process by leaps and bounds. As I write this I recognize why. I, as, a student have learned how to make compromises and adapt. For some assignments (especially the ones that seem far in the future) I procrastinate. I am sure teaches and parents have heard that from students hundreds of times, but what I want to talk about and think is amazing is that when I give myself too little time to complete something, I can still pull it off by shaping my initial plan of the project into what is feasible. That is the case for this slideshow. I would have liked to put an excess of maybe 6 hours into the project (spreading it out of course), but when I gave myself four hours the few days before it is due, it still comes out as I project I am proud of. This might be sadly because I have come away from my rush projects with a compromise of my standards, or more optimistically it could be adaptations that let me work quickly and with a soon-approaching deadline. Either way, I am not proud of the process, but as I am about to give my presentation I am proud of the product.
3. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-QVqUd8AOFEqyX1bJHH8lo-G-_QGtsdFySZsbJIUDUU/edit#slide=id.p