If you led a class discussion... (See Honors Contract details and due dates)

Name the topic of your discussion and the date you led it. Also describe your process of preparing and how you feel the discussion went. (minimum 250 words)

(Skip a line between paragraphs.)

Comments

  1. I led a discussion on a reading section that finished the book "Black Is The Body" by Emily Bernard. The discussion went quite well, firstly after reading what people had wrote from the reading the previous night, we were able to do a short activity talking about "being an outsider" due to physical appearance. This came with some quite intriguing responses, though some were hard to make out due to COVID-19 and masks, alongside being far away from the quiet speaker, it still really hit the nail on the head for what I was going for in the activity.

    I think preparing for it was pretty simple in the grand scheme of things, I just really focused on the reading that night and tried to analyze the emotions and thoughts going through my head, bringing that all back to form an activity - in this case a writing prompt - for the class to take part in and have similar emotions and thoughts. It was slightly tricky to get the right wording to make it have meaning, but overall it seemed to had turned out well for a prompt.

    Overall, it was a quite enjoyable experience. This was not out of my comfort zone in the slightest, and honestly, though quite new to me and having some awkward pauses to think a bit mid-sentence, it really turned out well, and I think it was a good experience. Hopefully the students felt the same way, I tried to keep it more on the simple side to not overcomplicate things and confuse people, and hopefully that worked out well.
    Great experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog