If you did the author interview/bio for your Anthology...

A draft of the interview is due Mon, May 2 and final draft is due Wed, May 4. A blog post naming the author and briefly reflecting on the product and process is due two days after you submit your final draft.  Blog post minimum 150 words; skip a line between paragraphs.  

Comments

  1. I chose to do my fake author interview on Robert Frost. I included two of his poems in my anthology, and because he was a poet from New England I felt a connection to many of the ones he wrote. He was born in California but throughout his life, he lived in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont. In the beginning, it was difficult for me to decide how I wanted to write the introductory paragraph because I was not certain about what I wanted him to be wearing. Then I remembered that he lived in New England for most of his life, so I pictured his home as a small, cozy farmhouse in the woods, and I wanted him to be dressed in “New Englandly” things. For example, he was “wearing” blue jeans, a wool plaid blazer over a grey turtleneck, and fuzzy, brown, L.L. Bean slippers. I thought this fit the classic New England style very well.

    The process of answering the basic questions: where were you born? Where did you live while you wrote? What did people think about your writing? etc. went very well. I found several articles on Robert Frost that helped me in answering these questions. I then realized that I had to include four questions about specific poems/works by him. I struggled a bit with this because my original idea was to ask a question about when he wrote or what his inspiration was for a certain poem, but I couldn’t find the answer to that question in any of my articles. Then, I came across a book that he wrote that included all his poems which then made it easy for me to ask questions about what poems he included in it. Overall, I enjoyed writing this fake interview and learned many interesting things about Robert Frost’s life, his family and his career as a poet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog